There are currently thirteen Eataly stores in Italy: 11 traditional Eataly stores, one Eataly x Autogrill on the A1 Autostrada, and Eataly Fico World theme park in Bologna. The 13 Eataly stores in Italy are:
- Eataly Bologna
- Eataly Firenze / Florence
- Eataly Genova / Genoa
- Eataly Milano Smeraldo / Milan
- Eataly Monticello d’Alba
- Eataly Piacenza
- Eataly Pinerolo
- Eataly Roma / Rome
- Eataly Torino Lagrange / Turin Lagrange
- Eataly Torino Lingotto / Turin Lingotto
- Eataly Trieste
- Eataly x Autogrill (A1 Autostrada near Modena)
- Eataly Fico World Bologna
Italy boasts the original Eataly (Torino Lingotto / Turin Lingotto ) and the largest Eataly (Roma / Rome).
The Italian Eataly locations in Bari and Forlì were permanently closed in 2021 due to the pandemic.
Cities In Italy With An Eataly
Ten cities in Italy have an Eataly grocery store: Bologna, Florence, Genoa, Milan, Monticello d’Alba, Piacenza, Pinerolo, Rome, Turin and Trieste.
If you’re traveling by car, you can also visit the Eataly x Autogrill on the A1 Autostrada del Sole, just northwest of Modena.
Map Of Eataly Locations In Italy
Best Things To Buy At Eataly In Italy
You can buy typical Italian foods (like Gentilini fette biscottate, Mutti tomato puree, Rummo pasta) and kitchen products, as well as local foods.
Purchase food for a gourmet picnic lunch or find packaged foods to bring home as souvenirs and gifts.
Sections in a typical Eataly include:
- Bakery (Bread & Pastries) – Pane e Pasticcini
- Cheese (Fresh) – Formaggi Freschi
- Cheese & Cured Meats – Formaggi e Salumi
- Desserts – Dolci
- Fish – Pesce
- Fruits & Vegetables – Frutta e Verdura
- Meat – Carne
- Oils & Vinegars – Aceti ed Oli
- Fresh Pasta – Pasta Fresca
- Pasta, Rice, Grains – Pasta, Riso, Cereali
- Sauces & Condiments – Salse e Condimenti
- Italian Wine – Vino
- Bulk Food Section (package-free) – Prodotti Sfusi
Where Is The Original Eataly?
The original Eataly is located in a dramatic setting – the old Carpano Vermouth factory in Torino (Turin), Italy.
Who Founded Eataly?
Eataly was founded by Oscar Farinetti, an Italian from Alba, Piedmont. He originally called the store ‘Eat Italy,’ and it later became ‘Eataly.’
Eataly is now run by CEO Nicola Farinetti (Oscar’s son and previous head of Eataly USA) after the departure of Andrea Guerra in 2020 (now CEO at LVMH Hotel & Hospitalities).
What Is Eataly’s Mission?
Eataly’s goal is to “gather under one roof high-quality food at sustainable and reasonable prices for ALL, celebrate Italian biodiversity, and create an informal, natural, and simple place to eat, shop, and learn.
If you’ve been to an Eataly, you can probably agree that they’re doing a great job fulfilling their mission!
Eataly Stores Worldwide
There are Eataly stores around the globe, in countries including:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- USA (Eataly Boston, Eataly Chicago, Eataly Dallas, Eataly Las Vegas, Eataly Los Angeles, Eataly New York City)
New Eataly locations are opening soon, like in California’s Bay Area (Eataly Silicon Valley), and projects are in the works for Eataly USA and Eataly globally.
Some Eatalys have closed in recent years, probably due to the pandemic. For example, the Eataly restaurant in the Mall of Qatar is permanently closed.